Monday, July 8, 2024

July 8th, 2024

 On July 8th, John Shepley was asked to remove himself from his place of residence. That request came from his wife.

Today is my Felix Unger Day.
I look at today as a beginning more than an end.
I didn’t really become a man when my voice changed or when I grew pubes. I was still a boy when I bought my first legal Old Style at the tavern.
The two biggest days when I expanded into manhood was the day I became a dad and the day I became a divorced dad.
Today isn’t a milestone to celebrate. I’m not partying with Oscar Madison tonight and going out on the town.
July 8th will always be the beginning of a new chapter. A happier chapter filled with strong growth and positive expansion.
Today’s quote is from a little French guy that celebrated both victory and defeat many times in his career.
July 8th could have been a defeat, but I didn’t let that happen. I’m not going to mark it as a victory either.
It was the day when Mannheim Road became a divider. It was a day when the Shepkids stopped seeing their parents together.
To all of us that have a Felix Unger Day.
Always look on today as a new beginning and not a tragic ending.
Happy Monday, I’m not sure if you have noticed, but we are definitely moving away from five-fifteen sunrises and eight-thirty sunsets.
Shadows are slowly getting longer, but at least those fucking cicadas are gone.
You might have to put a smile on the sun yourself today.
Go be astonished and kick Monday’s ass.