Friday, July 12, 2024

July 12th, 2024

 I woke up thinking today was Thursday, so I’m already ahead of the game.

Not much to say this morning.
You can see down in the Grabber section that we can talk about french fries.
If ketchup can go on anything, it would be french fries. My favorite fries are served in a greasy sack at Parky’s on Harlem Avenue on the Forest Park side of the street.
I also like chili poured over french fries. Sometimes country gravy smothered french fries are good.
They call a hot dog with fries on top a Depression Dog. Made famous at Gene and Jude’s.
McDonald’s makes the best in the fast food category, while Culver’s make the worst.
Waffle fries don’t fall into this category. Not a big fan of waffle fries.
I have a feeling half of you are thinking about hot, salty fries at some point today.
For those British Chalkheads…
…I’m talking about chips.
I was going to talk about how sexy french fries can be, but I don’t want to rile up the three woke Chalkheads that are chalking right now.
So the assignment for today is to get an order of french fries on a Friday.
Tell me where your favorite french fries can be found.
Go be astonished with french fries today and enjoy the smile shining down on you from the sun.