Tuesday, July 23, 2024

July 23rd, 2024

 This quote is real easy to live by if you’re Pablo Picasso. He’s the guy who supposedly made this statement.

You could say Pablo was a man of his word. Mayor Daley offered him $100,000 for the Picasso statue that stands in Daley Plaza. Picasso refused the money and said it was a gift for Chicago.
I didn’t steal today’s quote from Picasso, but from a guy who posted it on Facebook over the weekend.
This guy is part of a story I’ve chalked about in the past. He is the husband of my high school classmate that is going through cancer recovery.
I’ve touched on the agony this guy’s wife is going through. Her struggles to defeat cancer and get back to the normal routine of life.
How about the story of the spouse of a cancer patient? It’s gotta be tough to see someone that you love go through the fight of their life.
I’m not going to say much more about this guy, but I’ll make sure he knows I’m praying for him.
And if I lived on the Ohio River rather than the DesPlaines, I’d be over there with a Jumbo hug and my flask of bourbon quite often.
Love has its ups and downs. Some days you are walking along a river holding hands. Other days you’re waiting for the doctor to come down to the visiting room and tell you how the person you love is doing.
I think what this guy down on the Ohio River has taught me is…
… the biggest thing in life is to be grateful to have it. When you learn gratitude, you have to spread it to the world.
Don’t take that morning cup of coffee for granted. Don’t even take an argument over the cable bill for granted.
Just be grateful for love and the support of Faith, Family and Friends.
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”
It’s going to be a warm day out over by here. I’ve got to decide if I’m dusting my nooks and crannies or if I’m going to chance chafing my hip hop thighs.
When in doubt…. Dust them!