Friday, July 26, 2024

July 26th, 2024

 I opened up Twitter yesterday and the first thing I saw was the American flag being burned and a replica of the Liberty Bell being desecrated.

I originally got on Twitter because it was another way of finding information on market news. There is very little market news left because most of those people have left Twitter.
All I really enjoy is a guy called “Super 70’s Sports” and a couple music history tweets.
If I open Twitter today and it’s something that pisses me off, I’m quitting.
Speaking of quitting…
I left three chats that I’m in with different groups of friends. Chats that went from being resourceful to being a collection of memes and bad press. Me being just as guilty. So I left a quick communication tool with most of my closest friends.
Yesterday I posted a couple things on Facebook that hinged on politics and it became a soapbox for opinions. It is very seldom that I stray away from the Chalkboard, a Barry Butler Photo or something positive.
Facebook has helped me reunite with old friends. Keep up with what’s going on socially with events that I follow and it has given me a springboard for my blog.
The Chalkboard has been very therapeutic for me these last seven years. It has also become good therapy for many Chalkheads.
Though it has been positive for many people. It has alienated several of my friends that have become standoffish. To a point that I lost a pretty dear friend because of my support for Israel.
This would be where my Oldman would say that it’s good to weed out the pretenders and fakers.
Maybe it’s time to quit Twitter for good? Maybe I should only post Barry Butler pictures of the Sears Tower on Facebook. I could post the link only to the Morning Chalkboard on Facebook. If people want to read it they can hit the link and the rest won’t have to read about the Divorced Dad and Betty the Green Blazer.
I really am an introvert in an extrovert’s body.
This week I’ve quit chats, realized Twitter has very little positive energy and I need to limit Facebook.
Time to get this Friday motivated and pumping with Gusto. A smile on the sun and the perfect summer temperatures today.
Like my Gramma always said, “see you in the funny papers.”