Sunday, July 14, 2024

July 14th, 2024

 Yesterday sure was an eventful day.

Dr. Ruth died and then we hear Richard Simmons died and just after dinner, Donald Trump gets shot in the ear.
A sex therapist, a fitness instructor and the former President of the United States walk into a gay bar outside Laredo, Texas…..
To soon?
Get back to me when Willie Nelson, Dick Van Dyke and President Carter have a similar day like July 13th, 2024.
So many people are torn apart over Biden and Trump, global warming and fracking, racial tension and sex changes.
I don’t have time to worry about that crap. I have other things to worry about.
I’ve got a George that walks the tight rope of autism. I’ve got a Fritz trying to find his voice in life. I’ve got a Hazel about to stride into puberty. I’ve got a mother-in-law in her first year of widowhood. I’ve got a friend with cancer, a friend who just had a heart attack, a friend with an ill child, a friend with depression, a friend in financial difficulties and a dozen friends with insane ex-spouses.
Do you think I’m bent out of shape about celebrities dying or celebrities telling me who to vote for?
I give two shits!
Do you think I’m worried about two crooked bullshit artists running for president?
I give two shits about that as well!
My concerns are about the people that I love and those who love me back.
I’m sorry there is poverty, racism, crime, mental illness and violence in the world.
None of my concern right now.
I don’t get on my knees and pray for President Trump’s ear wound or Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark’s relationship situation.
I don’t even care that the White Sox are 27-70 either.
My concerns are all connected to my heartstrings and not the 5G internet connection.
I’m going to keep on worrying about three people that I watched come into the world.
I’m going to worry about you as well….
….we got this as long as we are with each other.
End of story.

Kick the soapbox out from under me and let’s Sunday Funday this hot muggy somabitch.
It’s a Morning Chalkboard holiday today.
Today is “smile big like joanne” Day. It’s a day we celebrate the smile on the face of someone who once brightened our day.
Go be astonished and smile like Joanne.