Tuesday, July 16, 2024

July 16th, 2024

 Today’s quote comes from a duchess who had a sharp and pointy chin.

It doesn’t matter who teaches us the moral of the story, just as long as we figure it out.
A Chicagoan is born with a neighborhood and a parish. Some of us stay in that same place all of our lives and some move out.
I’ve had several parishes in my life, but my home parish is Saint Ita’s up in Edgewater. That was where two lonely people had me baptized on this day in 1966.
I can go to Cook County and get my birth certificate and I can call the rectory at Saint Ita’s and get my baptismal certificate.
I got on a northbound L train a couple years ago and went back to Saint Ita’s. It wasn’t as big as it used to be. It was built in the 1920’s and is definitely the prettiest church that I’ve belonged to in my life.
I’m not sure how the hell I'm going to tie Saint Ita’s and the moral of the story together on today’s Morning Chalkboard.
I’ve learned a lot of lessons and made a shit ton of mistakes in the 21,854 days since I was baptized a Catlick. I have many lessons to learn and a few more to teach the Shepkids. I’m going to make several more mistakes before I return home.
I’m having trouble putting a conclusion together. Home is where the heart is, mine is currently in the Divorced Dad District of Riverside.
My home has changed location often, but as long as my baptismal certificate is located 5500 North on Broadway, I’ll always have a destination to return to.
For me that is Saint Ita’s, my Linus Blanket.
Be astonished and learn the moral of the story.