Monday, July 15, 2024

July 15th, 2024

 I get on the 5G network this morning and it’s covered with tornadoes and thunderstorms.

Barry Butler took a picture of a tornado over the Sears Tower. Several people posted that their power was out. ComEd issued times on when the electricity would be restored and even Big George Shepley was charged up over a little rainstorm.

“Dad! The power is out! Dad! There are tornado warnings! Dad, wake up!”
“You gotta be shitting me George! You are waking me up because of lightning? You better hope I can get back to sleep!”
I got back to sleep and slept like a baby.
Until Mr. Anxiety came back in to tell me he’s worried that he won’t have clean clothes for work on Wednesday.
“Come on son! You can’t worry about that…. I’m trying to sleep here!”
We can’t do laundry in Riverside when it rains. The sewers need time to process the rain water. Extra water taxes the system and basements can flood.
It has become an obsession since the day I showed George how to do his laundry. It’s the way he is wired and it’s a beautiful thing. Just not on a Sunday night when Big Daddy is sound afuckingsleep.
“Dad! One last thing! Can we try one of those coin operated laundromats tomorrow? Dad?”
Well… I’m up, I’m chalking and the electricity is on. It’s like nothing happened.
Sunday nights are always those anxious and nervous nights. Usually I’ll have the normal “late for work” dreams. Last night I had the “worried son can’t do his laundry” dreams.
Let’s start the week off on a strong step and a handful of GoldBond.
Be Kind and rewind….