Wednesday, July 10, 2024

July 10th, 2024

 I’m not sure why I picked this Billy Shakes quote for today’s Morning Chalkboard.

Suddenly it has given me writer’s block.
Ten days into July already and the Summer of ‘24 lacks gusto. There just isn’t any spark lighting up these midsummer days.
I really am in this go to work, be a dad, go to work, be a dad, go to work, be a dad rut.
I’m not bitching.
I could be in a I’m lonely, look for a job, I’m lonely, look for a job, I’m lonely, look for a job rut….
I think what I need is live music, a shade tree, a growler of Pilsner and an Alpine Sub.
I’m just rambling on here.
It’s Wednesday and the remnants of a hurricane will be passing through town today.
It’s also National Piña Colada Day.
I’m not a big piña colada guy. They remind me of that stupid song from 1979 and my honeymoon.
Drinking fruify drinks on a beach isn’t my idea of fun. Especially with these velvety hip hop thighs of mine. They don’t go well with coarse sand and sunburn.
Go enjoy your rainy Wednesday and find some gusto on a warm summer day.
As I finish today’s Chalkboard, I can hear “Summertime” playing from the radio in the kitchen.
Gershwin at the beginning of a summer day is a good start.
Bring on the Gusto…..