Thursday, August 31, 2023

August 31st, 2023

 Today is the day all the Europeans throw tomatoes at each other. I can hear my Gramma saying, “Waste not, want not…”

I’m going for an early morning walk under the full moon. So let’s keep this short and sweeet!
It’s the last day of August… tomorrow the weather girl is going to tell the news anchor,
“Can you believe it’s already the first of September?”
In a few weeks it will be EWF day and I know I’ll be changing the minds of pretenders.
Ba-dee-ya, dancin' in September
Ba-dee-ya, never was a cloudy day.
We are entering the 'Ber months. I always feel an attraction, a brotherhood, a mystifying bond to someone who says autumn is their favorite season.
It’s alright to leave your socks on when you make love to someone who is a fall person. This weekend is big for Autumnphiles. Labor Day weekend is when the short pants drawer becomes the sweater drawer. Huge event!
Speaking of sweaters and short pants. What a great combo? The short pants and Champion sweatshirt look. If you look back at old pictures of early season tailgating…. You will find that picture where you are wearing a college sweatshirt and short pants while doing a beer bong.
I am an Autumnphile person, but I don’t do pumpkin spice. I’ll pass, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas I’ll kick back a ton of eggnog.
Let’s finish Auggie strong and roll into the 'Bers with a full tank of Summer Lovin’!
I’m going out to put the smile on the full, super, blue moon… ciao!