Tuesday, August 1, 2023

July 31st, 2023

      The last day of July in the year of 2023. We just wished each other a Happy New Year yesterday and the kids are already off to a new school year . We are about to slide into autumn, but don’t put the sunscreen and GoldBond away just yet.

On this day in 1977 the Sox and Cubs were in first place in their divisions. By the end of September they were in third and fourth places.
Let’s hope our August and September will be better than our baseball teams were forty six years ago.
I’m sitting here at my desk early on a Monday morning trying to evaluate my July. I should probably let some water flow under the bridge before I come to a conclusion. Because as of now it seems like it wasn’t the best of July’s.
I didn’t catch one lightning bug. I didn’t get kicked out of the neighborhood pool. I didn’t play one game of wiffle ball. I didn’t have any apple pie and I didn’t kiss any Immaculate Heart of Mary girls.
Oh wait… that was July of 1980. That was a great summer. The time between getting my first little league hit and losing my virginity was the easiest period of my life.
Those stories will have to wait for another day. I gotta kick start the week and prepare for August.
A month from today I’ll be packing up my Speedo and putting sweaters back in the sweater drawer.
It’s going to be a great month. Let’s finish July off a winner and begin August with Gusto.
Enjoy the bright sun today and the full moon the next couple nights.