Friday, August 18, 2023

August 18th, 2023

     My Facebook feed is full of friends taking their kids off to school. I know many of you are going through an emotional roller coaster.

Just flow with the twists and turns and let it all out baby. I can hear Ella and Louis right now,
“…..One of these mornings
You gonna rise up singin'
Yes, you'll spread your wings
And you'll take to the sky….”
This is a big moment for all of you and going to the Kleenex box is alright. I’m sure when the day comes when I take a Shepkid to college, I’ll breakdown like Billy D Williams at Piccolo’s bedside.
This isn’t just a new chapter for your child… this is a new chapter for you too.
I know a couple that was near disaster. Ready to call it quits just before their last child left for college. Once the baby went to school the marriage found new life.
Serendipity Baby…..
Back to Mr. Armstrong and Ms. Fitzgerald…. “Summertime and the living is easy….”
ust yesterday a winner was drinking milk at the race track. It’s already time to get the old Champion Sweatshirts out of the plastic bin.
In a couple weeks it will be Labor Day… I got a little taste of September last night, sleeping with the windows open. That’s the best baby!
Go enjoy the weekend Chalkheads! Get out and hear live music, eat Alpine Subs, drink BuckleDown beer and look for airplanes jetting across Chicagoland.
Fish are jumping and the cotton is high……