Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 11th, 2023

        Friday comes so slowly when the week is wrong. I came home on a Friday night when I still lived at my dad’s house with a big smile on my face.

“What the hell are you so happy about son?”
...and I replied, “Gee dad it’s Friday!”
In his rough and harsh voice he lightened up the rest of my life.
“Friday? Big deal, Friday…. Monday is always two days away!”
Since that night in the late eighties I’ve always looked at Friday differently.
Today is National Hip Hop Day. I’m not a hip hop guy, but I have incorporated a little rap in my life. I can remember sitting over at Dale Speckman’s house listening to “Rapper’s Delight” and a couple years later standing in a fraternity house hearing “Brass Monkey” for the first time.
Even fat white boys like a little rap in their life. Just remember that Hip Hop is a culture based on turntabling, MCing, graffiti and breakdancing. I don’t know what came first rap or hip hop, but I do know…….
…..that I am JumboLove and I'd like to say hello.
To the black, to the white, the red and the brown, the purple and yellow, but first I gotta bang bang the boogie to the boogie say up jump the boogie to the bang bang boogie. Let's rock, you don't stop, rock the riddle that will make your body rock!
Get out there tonight and let the music play. It’s Friday night and it’s going to be a fantastic weekend in the city by the lake!
Just remember to tell your dad it’s Friday and you’re going to fight for your right to party….