Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2nd, 2023

    My journey of chasing the Tattoo Runner started on the first day of August. My ankles throbbed, my lower back screamed and my lungs burned. Other than that it was a beautiful afternoon in Riverside.

I took off from the DDD, Divorced Dad District and headed to the Water Tower. Cut along the train station to the Pool and along the River to the stone staircase. I cut across Swan Pond to the River path and cut over to the Library.
When I walked past TL’s house I did a little dance for his Ring Camera. The whole time I was listening to the music from Lin Brehmers 7/15/2022 show on Spotify. An eclectic mix from everybody’s best friend. He reminded me again that it’s great to be alive.
I didn’t see the Tattoo Runner yesterday. That day will come and I’ll post an ussie with the two of us. Tattoo Runner doesn’t even know the impact of his journey.
How many of us have left an impression on someone else and didn’t even know it?
Anyway, we are 2.5 miles into the journey. I’m going to continue listening to Lin Brehmer and let the songs measure my progress.
I’m also going to work towards another goal during the Tattoo Runner program. I want to get to a point where I’m running and not walking with a reward of a pit stop along the way.
A pit stop at the James Joyce. I want to make a routine of popping into the pub and having a juice glass of Pilsner, a pint of water and a shot of pickle juice. Just a quick stop and back towards the DDD.
My goal is by the end of the month to make this happen. I hope Colin Downes has pickle juice behind the bar.
My next goal is if I continue the quest of the Tattoo Runner for six months I will get a tattoo. February 1st I will go to a tattoo shop and get a Chi Rho Cross on my left forearm. Something I’ve wanted to do since my dad went to heaven.
Today is Bobby Grilliot Day. A day filled with Bruce Springsteen, Whiffle Ball, Walter Payton, Old Style, “The Young Ones” and a Sunday Roast with Yorkshire Pud.
Bobby is an old friend who came into my life when I needed a dear friend. Happy Birthday Gallipoli!
Farmer’s Market Day in Riverside and the Redheads with dad day. I love humpday!