Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 27th, 2023

 There is one thing that we all have in common that we must stop doing. I’m not talking about breathing, because that day will come. What needs to stop before that last breath is worrying.

…..Stop worrying
I know it’s easier said than done, but we are missing out on today because of something we worry about tomorrow. Don’t miss out on anymore opportunities!
That is the gist of today’s quote.
I made myself a Boulevardier last night and sat out and watched the sunset. I had the blues show on WDCB playing softly with a nice late summer breeze bringing it all together.
The leaves are starting to sound crisp with the wind. The sun laid down behind the building across the street. Last weekend it still set behind the building kitty corner to me. Next weekend it will set a little further south and a little earlier than today.
I had good music, a nice cocktail and the beauty of nature all around me. It was the perfect setting to relax and enjoy the end of a good day.
What did I do though?
I worried!
This coming Friday is September First and I worried about bills, taxes, check engine lights, Hazel, Fritz, George, the ex, my health, my friends…… Tom Marker played a string of Muddy Water songs and I was worrying about things I can’t control.
The other day I forgot to put the smile on the sun. Probably because I was worrying about something else.
I watched the sun go down last night, but didn’t see the grandiose magic it has as it faded into tomorrow.
To make up for missing out, I’m going to watch the sun come up just after six this morning and apologize.
“Good morning Sun! I owe you an apology! I let the shitshow part of life muddle my mind and I didn’t enjoy your departure last night. Thank you for coming back today and I will try my damndest not to let that happen again….”
Stop worrying before you stop breathing and don’t forget to put the smile on the sun…