Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 25th, 2023

     Betty and I were just about to pull into the garage when suddenly her battery light popped on and her power steering stopped working. She limped into the garage gingerly.

The old girl got me there though. She got me through the first day of school and over to curricular night at the high school the night before.
If she was going to conk out, she did it right when she got me to my office building.
I walked up to the trading office thinking my relationship with Betty is coming to an end. The elevator up to the fourteenth floor was full of anxiety. I’m either looking at an expensive repair bill or I’m looking at a car payment. Divorced Dads don’t deal well with extra expenses.
I just needed to calm down and wait for Tony to get to work. Tony knows everything about cars. Tony carries his tools with him in his trunk. When Tony gets up to the trading floor he will know what to do.
The market closes at 7:45 every morning and opens back up at 8:30. We call it the Biscuit Break. Tony and I went down on the Biscuit and he examined my baby.
“I got this Jumbo! This is an easy and inexpensive fix….”
Music to my fucking ears!
A pulley snapped off that held the serpentine belt in place. Tony called around and found the part in Downers Grove. We drove over after work and picked up Betty’s new pulley. Drove back to the office building garage and five minutes later… Betty was purring like she just had a luscious orgasm.
It was like we never skipped a beat. Tony had us back on the road in about forty five minutes. The part cost eighty bucks… Eighty Bucks baby!
We all need to have a Tony in our lives.
The heatwave of 2023 has come and gone. All the media hype was just full of hot air. The weather this weekend is going to be perfecto.
Saturday is rugby day. Poi Dog is in town. There are many end of summer festivals happening and the moon should be gorgeous to sip a cocktail under. The moon is leaving the first quarter and starting her Waxing Gibbous over the weekend.
Put some pork on the grill, some love on the sheets and don’t forget to put the smile on the sun.
…and find yourself a Tony!