Wednesday, August 16, 2023

August 16th, 2023

                 I just realized I didn’t put a face on the sun today. All these years that I’ve been doing the Morning Chalkboard… I don’t think I’ve done that before?

The faceless sun chalkboard.
Having no face makes the board look bland…..It has no character! I could easily start over and draw a face on the sun, but fuck it.
Maybe deep down inside I meant to skip the face today.
Most of the people in the background of a movie are faceless, the extras. So are all of the ordinary people that walk through our daily life…..People we don’t know.
When I was a kid I thought my dad knew everyone. When I got older I realized he was just nice to those people. My dad drew a smile on their faces and made them real.
The mailman, the clerk at the White Hen, the CTA worker at the Ridgeland el stop and the old black man who picked up cans and scrap metal in the alley.
My Oldman was nice to almost everyone. Everyone except the stupid son of a bitch who didn’t use his damn turn signal. My dad hated people that didn’t use their directional. They didn’t deserve a smile on their faces.
I need to finish out my life like my Oldman and put smiley faces on everyone that passes by me.
When you draw a smile on a stranger’s face you are reassuring them that the world doesn’t suck. The ABC News might tell you it sucks, but your actions won’t.
It takes a split second to draw a smile on someone’s face.
….and if they walk away without a smile, it isn’t your fault. That person probably is in pain and can’t smile. Those are the poor souls that need a prayer. Life broke their face!
Okay you Chalkheads! Get out their and draw some smiles….
I‘m not sure who won the crosstown game last night. It will either put a smile on my face or piss me off. Most of my life Chicago baseball is useless by the middle of August.
Happy HumpDay!
When your smiling, when your smiling…. The whole world…smiles with you!