Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 26th, 2023

     A few weeks ago I mentioned the last time I went to a bar before I became a father. Yesterday afternoon I met the two guys from that story for a couple beers.

My Oldman always told me that dear friends are someone you haven’t seen for awhile, but when you do see them it’s like you were together yesterday. Good friendships never skip a beat.
A couple dozen old stories, a shit load of funny memories and several bottles of Old Style later…. We never skipped a beat.
….and for the record, all I had on the table in front of me was my phone, my keys and my RayBans.
(Reference to the Chalkboard story when George was born.)
When I went to the bathroom I ran into a kid with a Boston Red Sox hat. I told him John Wagner wanted to buy him a beer. He was hesitant, so I told him I owed a guy in heaven a few pitchers of beer from Red Sox and White Sox bets. After I explained the story he gladly excepted the beer and we toasted Wags.
Needless to say it was a productive afternoon with good people.
As for todays quote….friends and smiles go hand in hand. I just realized that I put an Oriental smile on the sun today.
Get out and see your friends today and don’t forget to put a smile on the sun.