Wednesday, March 8, 2023

March 8th, 2023

      The full moon fell behind a thin line of clouds this morning. The muted glow was still glorious across the early morning sky.

I was standing on my balcony doing my morning fat guy tai chi thinking about the quote I just chalked up onto the board. All I could think about is routine. My daily routine now and how it has evolved through the years.
One of the reasons my marriage failed was two different routines shared the same bed. Our routines never managed to get into sync.
I like my routine… I like how it changed when George moved in permanently. Making his lunch and listening to music cuts down on chubby cheek yoga, but it still gives me a satisfaction of accomplishment.
Routine must have accomplishment or it’s just a stagnant shuffle.
When I moved to Riverside I started making my bed first thing. It’s still made when I return. That is a great accomplishment with rewarding results at the end of the day.
My routine took a big hit when they closed our beloved trading floor. I took a train to work for over thirty years. I rarely drove into the city. I would love to get on the Lake Street and go back to the Board of Trade. That ship has sailed.
I like routine.
You’ve heard me say how I know where the sun and moon are throughout the year. That’s a routine…
I don’t care if clouds get in the way. Shadows will still fall and moon glow will still shine. Maybe not today, but they will.
So many of you have told me how the Chalkboard has become part of your routine. That gives me a feeling of accomplishment that puts gusto in my life.
I’m really looking forward for the summer. I don’t know what changes will come to my routine.
…….just as long as Faith, Family, Friends and White Sox wins are involved.