Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 18th, 2023

 It’s March 18th and I don’t have a hangover. The perfect storm appeared yesterday as Saint Patrick’s Day fell on a Friday and NCAA basketball was in full throttle.

Many of you posted pictures out at the bars having fun while I was at home watching “The Quiet Man.”
Hazel didn’t have any interest in ”this old kind of movie,” but she did pick up on Maureen O’Hara.
“I bet you only like this movie because that lady has red hair!”

Well that was one of the reasons when I first watched this movie many years ago. I couldn’t tell Hazel that I loved redheads before I met her mother. I sure as hell can’t tell her on the day she was born, God told me….

…”Shepley! You love redheaded women so much! You now have a daughter with red hair!”

God loves pulling pranks on us. Someday I’m going to have a talk with him about his sense of humor.
It is going to be a cold, I mean really cold Saturday. It’s the middle weekend of March and it’s going to feel like the last weekend of January.
I told all of you Chalkheads that we were going to pay the price for a mild winter. I think the twenty eight up on the Chalkboard is a little bit high.
Anyway, we have college basketball and Six Nations rugby. A depleted England takes on the number one rugby team in the world, Ireland.
Stay warm and hug the people that you love….