Sunday, March 5, 2023

March 5th, 2023

             I turned on my little radio in the kitchen so I had music while I made my Sunday coffee. The Beatles song was playing that influenced today’s Chalkboard.

It’s hard to narrow down a story or a feel good for today’s quote.
Love for me started when two lonely people brought me back to their home in Edgewater.
I felt their love from that first moment and it lasted until I heard, “I Love You Pumpkinhead.” A few years later when I heard “I’m a loving you, you big son of a bitch.”
The unconditional love of our parents.
And yes, that’s how I heard I Love you for the last time. The caring whisper of my mom and the gregarious growl of my dad.
Love stretches through life and is really measured on how many times you got punched in the face or how many times you bumped fuzzies.
Plane and simple…. Did you get in more fights or did you get laid more?
It really isn’t as whimsical as Sir Paul McCartney seems to believe.
On my death bed I don’t want an 8 and 8 record. I want a 15-1 record on my tombstone. I want all you guys talking about JumboLove at my funeral.
This is why I’m more a Stones fan than a Beatles fan. Mick Jagger wouldn’t settle for just taking and making love. I’m going with Keith Richard’s and starting a street fight and then getting some brown sugar.
I’m thinking I started the day with a sappy song. Why couldn’t “Jumping Jack Flash” been on instead?
Maybe tomorrow’s Chalkboard will read, “You can’t always get what you want……”
It’s the first Sunday of March 2023.
The second Sunday of Lent for da Catlicks.
Today the Chicago Hounds play their first home game. Our new professional rugby team in Chicago.
“Up the Hounds!”
If you have any friends down in Cornwall, wish them a Happy Saint Piran Day.
Have a fanfuckingtastic week my dear Chalkheads…..