Saturday, March 11, 2023

March 11th, 2023

 This is what I’m talking about…. It’s one of the first questions on job interviews, I mean first dates.

“What are some of your favorite things in life?”
Well I’m doing it right now… waking up early on a Saturday or Sunday and fixing a pot of coffee. I get up before the sun and I write or I read.
I’m not talking a Mr Coffee or one of those fancy pod thing a ma jigs. I’m old school…. I have a percolator, a French press and an Italian stovetop.
I don’t go through the motions or set timers when it comes to coffee. Coffee should be like sex…..Foreplay, intercourse and orgasm.
Coffee is like an opera. It should have an orchestral overture, solo arias and recitatives.
Most of the time I like my coffee strong and black and occasionally I like it creamy.
A sunrise is more spectacular when coffee is involved. Poems are easier to comprehend with a cup of coffee. Morning sex should always be followed with coffee….. and a danish, definitely some bacon and a mimosa.
This morning I put beans in the grinder, boiled water and used the French Press. Strong and black like number thirty four.
I have a Saturday scheduled for alone time. I need to dust, vacuum and do laundry. I really should get on the train and go into the city and watch the river turn green.
Before I do anything I’m going to finish my coffee and this William Wordsworth poem that today’s quote comes from.
Saturday is rugby day. Carry them home England…..
It is also Big Ten Basketball semifinal day. Good luck to the Hurryin’ Hoosiers and the Mighty Boilermakers. An all Indiana final tomorrow would be like something out of a movie.
.....And movies for this weekend, “Hoosiers” and “The Quiet Man” are fitting for this dreary March weekend.
Layer up today because thirties in March are always colder than teens in February…