Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March 15th, 2023

      A Seer warned Julius Caesar to beware the Ides of March. He scoffed at her and blew it off. He was given a heads up that something bad might happen to him.

Life is full of warning signs. There are also good signs that happen to us as well.
Many signs come to me in the mystery of my faith. When my mom died I started finding dimes in the most uncommon places. Always at a good time to remind me of her love. Remind me that she is in a place that is safe. A place that I will someday be reunited with her and all the rest of my loved ones.
We have a customer at work. A two lot trader that has made a ton of money trading during his career. To protect his anonymity we will call him Danny Conrad.
My trading group could be working a five thousand lot order and a couple two hundred and fifty lot orders. The markets are moving and these orders have huge deltas.
Suddenly Danny Conrad calls my head trader and wants to talk about golf or boats and then buy a two lot back month call spread.
Shit is hitting the fan and Danny Conrad is calling.
It happens every time…. Every time!
We know when it’s busy Danny Conrad is going to call. He’s going to call and my head trader will treat him with respect and fill that two lot.
This is what we call “getting Danny Conraded”….
….It’s a sign from heaven that teaches us humility. It keeps us grounded. It shows that integrity must always dominate our lives.
“We just got Danny Conraded!”
When life has you in doubt. When you need a sign from heaven. When you need a good gut check…..
….expect a call from Danny Conrad!
“Jumbo…. It’s Danny Conrad. Beware the Ides of March big man.”
I will take that phone call every time and heed the warning.
So look for the signs. They are everywhere and they pop out when you least expect them. Signs will always appear at the most opportune time….
…look for them.
There is a sun on my Morning Chalkboard… it’s going to be a great day to spread love.
And expect life to send a “You got Danny Conraded!”