Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March 14th, 2023

       Happy Pi Day….. I’m not a math guy, but I do enjoy a good pie.

Pie is something that has always been around. I must have an apple pie around the Fourth of July. Pecan is my go to pie on thanksgiving, but I always look forward to receiving my Amy Weaver pumpkin pie.
Whenever I go deep into the State of Indiana I search for a Hoosier Sugar pie. The best ones are made along the Wabash River.
It would be disappointing if I didn’t mention my love for Tolegged peach pie. I can eat that pie all year long, all night long.
We all burned our mouths on the McDonalds pie when we were kids. My mom ended up doing me a favor. She wouldn’t let me eat my apple pie until I finished my cheeseburger and fries. That sucker was still hot.
Pies should never come in any container that involves plastic. The best pies come in a white box with white twine wrapped around all sides. Unless you come from a family of bakers. Then the best pies arrive on your Great Aunt’s lap as she drove over for a holiday. Still warm, wrapped in layers of wax paper and a sturdy tin from 1911.
I better give a shout out to Fasano Pies. A Chicago tradition for generations. The company almost shut down, but a former Board of Trade guy brought it back to life.
Have a good day today all you math geeks. Have a great day all you pie lovers.