Friday, April 8, 2022

April 7th, 2022

    April is starting out with March weather. March started with April weather.

It’s fucking confusing!
The forth month of the years is a promise of a new beginning. It’s the time Earth gives a fresh start…
…. Flowers blooming and birds singing in the trees. It also brings more bird shit on your windshield if you park under those trees budding with new greenery.
William Shakespeare can create a beautiful sonnet, but in all reality April is usually a schizophrenic visitor that wreaks havoc.
Construction cones and new lane configurations. Flooding and wind damage. One day it’s seventy and the next is thirty.
Opening day? Chicagoans know to bring hats, gloves and sunscreen.
The other night I wrote a short story about a bakery closing at the end of this April.
I have a favorite bakery and I have another half dozen that tickle my fancy.
Coffee Cake!
Coffee cake is a great gift. I’m asking all of you to go to your favorite bakery this Saturday morning.
Buy two coffee cakes… take one and surprise someone. Knock on a friends door and hand them a Coffee Cake!

“Hey! I was just thinking about you! Thought I’d get you a coffee cake.”
Get back in your car and feel fucking good about yourself. Go home and enjoy a piece of the second coffee cake that you bought.
You deserve it! You just made one of your friends happy!
Saturday, April 9th is JumboLove Coffee Cake Day! Take a picture of you, your friend and the coffee cake… Post it!
I’m an Oak Park Bakery guy. They also have fantastic chocolate donuts and chocolate eclairs. I’ll be there Saturday morning and I might just show up at your door with a coffee cake afterwards….