Sunday, April 17, 2022

April 17th, 2022

 Life has a way of dropping things into our laps.

Sometimes we are lucky when good things happen, but so many times we are forced to deal with a Shitshow.
My parents often told me my biggest enemy in life will be John Shepley.
They were right for the most part, but it’s the other events that I didn’t cause that are sometimes harder to accept.
The biggest example that comes to mind is this Covid era that we’ve had to deal with for over two years.
How did we deal with it? We know how society dealt with it… financially and emotionally, but how did we personally deal with it?
Something as large as Covid that halted the world or something smaller that happens to you…
For example…..
It’s starting to rain and you are walking to work without an umbrella.
You didn’t plan for it to rain, but now it’s your problem.
If you have your shit together you’ll lower your head into the raindrops and forge ahead… going on with the rest of your day.
If you don’t have your shit together, well…. You’ll let it ruin the rest of your day.
We’ve all been guilty of both reactions to a sudden rainstorm, but if your parents did their job, if you listened to the nuns and if you were paying attention to Coach….
You’ve got
Your Shit Together!
The decisions of my employer, the actions of my ex wife, the construction on the highway, the dumbass who doesn’t use a turn signal…. Usually not my responsibility, but it can turn out to be my problem….
Like my Oldman told me when I became sexually active…
“Son, you get more by accident than you do on purpose. Make sure you’re wearing clean underwear!”
I guess it all comes down to having clean underwear on!