Monday, April 25, 2022

April 24th, 2022

 Yesterday was a perfect day to wash the windows. I have three windows in my bedroom. They face the southeast corner.

As I was cleaning screens in the tub and washing the three windows, Hazel was laying on my bed reading. I could feel her eyes occasionally look over the top of her book.
After twenty minutes to a half hour I had clean screens and clear window panes.
A thirty minute chore just gave me six months of gazing until I do them on the last warm Saturday in October.
“You know what Hazel? My view might be of an alley and other peoples yards, but if I look beyond the utility poles and garages I see beauty.”
She put her book down and walked over to gaze out the clean windows.
“I can see the sunrise in the morning. I can see that church steeple and I can see the Riverside water tower.”
Hazel learned that if you keep your corner of the world clean the beauty will shine over the mundane.
After a couple weeks of baseball the Chicago teams stand where I stand right now. Just below .500 having an average spring with not much to cheer for just yet.
Never give up hope in April. Always hope for an autumn like we had in 2005 and 2016.