Thursday, April 14, 2022

April 14th, 2022

 “Once upon a time in a city by a lake a handsome baby boy was born. It was a hot summer day…..”

….maybe our lives are a fairy tale? This would be the line that starts my personal yarn.
All of our fairy tales overlap each other. Because if I’m living a fairy tale you should have one of your own as well.
Since I’m writing my own story I will be a bad ass mother fucker.
Everyone loves me, everything I touch turns to gold and everyday I bring peace and happiness to all.
Okay, okay, okay…… that’s not happening.
I always like to fall back on the best description I’ve ever heard about life.
Billy Shakes words from MacBeth….
“Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.”
The days pass by quickly. One after the other, day after day most of them tedious and stressful until finally they are no longer.
Every single day of our life was someone else’s last day and the day will finally come when we no longer cast a shadow.
When I get to the last line of my fairy tale I don’t want it told by an idiot. I don’t want a story that doesn’t have passion or is meaningless. I don’t want to leave a villainous legacy.
I want to be a father of three happy and healthy offspring's.
I want to see the bright moon hang over the early morning sky.
I want to hear lions roaring and birds singing.
Oh wait….. I am that guy.
I’m not bullshitting you either…. I heard lions roaring this morning.
I live next to a zoo.