Thursday, April 21, 2022

April 21st, 2022

 Today's quote is from a novel that I hold dear. It's about a green light across the bay that can't be reached.

"Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . And then one fine morning— So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
Everything we do instantly turns into our past, and this past cannot be done over. Don't shoulder the burden of days gone by.
It's great to be optimistic about the future, but unfortunately we won't run faster tomorrow.
The best thing we can do for ourselves is come to grips that we are from West Egg and East Egg is full of broken promises and littered dreams.
I would have enjoyed that last wiffle ball game when I was a kid if I knew it was going to be the last time I played wiffle ball with the guys in the neighborhood.
There is always a last time in life and that is just as important as lost time in life.... I need to quit crying about lost time and be prepared for the last time.