Monday, April 11, 2022

April 11th, 2022

 Van Gogh gets credit for today’s quote. He was a guy that had more than a string of failures in his life. He became famous only after his death.

Probably a good thing. Being famous leads to losing anonymity which then leads to living with the paparazzi… you saw where that got Princess Di and most recently Will Smith.
I woke up at 1:17am Monday morning and can’t fall back asleep.
Failures… or like we call them on the Westside, Fuck ups have littered my time living in this Talking Heads song.
The common denominator to all those fuck ups is my presence. I was there for all of them.
Does that
Make me a Fuck Up?
Depends on who you ask!
Former colleagues that wish they still worked on a trading floor from the 1990’s?
A former First Lady of Camelot who built me a new asshole in front of our kids yesterday when I dropped them off?
Those two audiences might look at me as a fuck up…
Most of us have former colleagues and unfortunately former spouses that had front row seats to our lives. Former spouses still have balcony seats.
The thing is they remember the bad scenes and not the good ones.
So that makes them bad… that makes them unimportant to our daily grind. The daily grind that remains for the rest of our Naïve Melody.
All that matters …. All that matters… all that matters is … all that matters… all…. That …. Matters is not letting the needle skip on your record.
The colleagues that I will see in a few hours. The Shepkids that I nurtured over the weekend and the clerk at White Hen are what’s important.
If I keep their trust. If I keep their love. If I leave their lives with a good taste….. then the occasional fuck ups will still lead to success.
It’s National Cheese Fondue Day. I haven’t been a big fondue guy since I burned my areolas on a weird date in the 90’s.
That date was a failure, but it was a good learning experience.