Monday, June 19, 2023

June 19th, 2023

       Today is a Monday in the middle of June. I should be getting into Betty the Green Blazer and heading to work.

Instead I’m laying in bed with a stuffy nose from closed windows and air conditioning. My lungs are heavy from that Father’s Day cigar. I have an axe sticking in my forehead from that last cocktail. You know the one, the “I don’t have work tomorrow let’s have one more” cocktail.
My stomach is tossing around from the first and final grass fed steak that I’ll ever make.
But the kicker is the huge pimple that is more like a boil delicately placed on the inside of my upper thigh. Probably there from my Father’s Day bike ride.
Like Jimmy O’Brien said when I told him I bought a new bike over the weekend…
“You need a bike seat the size of a park bench Jumbo!!!”
You got to hear that in a deep Brooklyn accent to really appreciate it.
I bought my bike on Saturday September 8th in 2001. OB made the park bench seat comment on the next Monday morning. It was one of the last times he ever busted my balls.
Maybe if the government wants to hand out holidays left and right, instead of a few moments of silence, let’s have a National Holiday in early September. (That last comment might be a bit harsh.)
I think the new Juneteenth Holiday is a knee-jerk reaction to the George Floyd riots during Covid. It was a painful time at the beginning of this decade. I think this new holiday was established to appease the blacks only. What the country needs is a National Civil Rights Day that is a day of recognition for an issue that has been painful in American history. A holiday for ALL Americans to come together and celebrate our differences.
Okay, I'm jumping off the soapbox!
Wish me luck on popping this pain in my thigh. If you listen closely you’ll hear a Brooklyn sounding laugh coming from heaven.
Markets are closed today so maybe I’ll vacuum and mop the kitchen floor.
“Let’s Roll Boys………”