Tuesday, June 6, 2023

June 6th, 2023

 What are the simple things in life?

Sometimes the simple things in life are the things we take for granted most of the time.
There might be a guy in Beaune, France that is dying to come to Chicago someday and have a slice of our deep dish pizza. It’s on his bucket list to visit Chicago someday.
I could make a call and have a solid deep dish pizza in about forty five minutes. I could take or leave a piece of Chicago’s famous deep dish pizza.
Now I’m dying to visit Beaune, France and enjoy the French countryside and a glass of burgundy. It’s on my bucket list to fly to Paris and go down into the French countryside.
My French counterpart despises going up to Paris and could have a glass of burgundy anytime he wants.
“Pas grave.”
Going to a Lou Malnati’s for a deep dish sausage…..
“No big deal.”
There is French guy who is willing to travel 4000 miles for something I can get down the block.
I’d do anything to sit at the French cafe down the block from the pizza craving French guy.
The simple things in life… a piece of pizza in Chicago. A glass of burgundy in Beaune.
Those are really extraordinary things that make the world a happier place.
Speaking of France…. Today is D-Day. The day many men died, but the day that turned WWII and the European Theater.
That day was celebrated last week at a cookout, a ballgame and a memorial service.
That day we kicked the living shit out of the nazi army. It kills me today when these hateful pukes walk around with swatztkas in America.
Anyway…. Fuck nazis.
It’s Tuesday morning and I could go for a slice of pizza and a glass of red wine.
Enjoy this smoked filled day thanks to our Canadian friends.