Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 25th, 2023

 Today’s Chalkboard quote comes from a soon to be ten year old philosopher, my daughter Hazel. I don’t know what prompted her to come up with it, but I went with it. I guess I gave her what she wanted.

Unfortunately for her the June 25th, 2023 Chalkboard will always be around and could possibly be used against her.
The next time she wants a Squishmallow or another cookie and I say no. Definitely when she asks if she can play TocoBoca or Roblox on my phone and I say, “not right now love.”
Just after she comes off the peak of being pissed off at dad…. I’m going to say, “You don’t know someone until they don’t get what they want!”
My advice to young fathers out there.
•Never buy one of those big stuffed animals called a Squishmallow.
•Never bake cookies on a cold snowy day.
•Never download Roblox to your phone.
Take this advice and you won’t have to say no again.
You buy one Squishmallow and suddenly you have a bed full of them. They multiply as quickly as those Tribbles did on the Spaceship Enterprise.
Don’t bake things from scratch. You will only spoil your children. Buy shitty cookies at Walgreens.
….and your cellphone! If you download Roblox or MindCraft…. You’ll be deleting TicToc before you know it.
So remember… in life…. You just don’t know someone until the time you don’t cave in and spoil them
or
like the English bloke with the big lips once said, “you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes… you get what
You need.”
Hey it Sunday Funday. Riverside received a little rain overnight. Today is a mixed bag of playing it by ear. We are already starting the last week of June and the Fourth of July is our next stop.
And with the birthday of America coming up, so will a ton of fucking fireworks. I hate fireworks. Well I don’t hate the big ones done by professionals with Tchaikovsky in the background. I just hate the ones the drunk guy down the block blows off at 2:30 in the morning.
I was told you can buy gummies for dogs that are terrified during thunderstorms and neighborhood pyrotechnics.
Anyway, time for a cup of coffee before the open sign turns on at Jumbo’s Diner.
I want all you Chalkheads to experience happiness today and continue it all week.
Hey next Saturday is the sixth anniversary of my Felix Unger Day and another birthday that furthers me from 1966.
Yes, it was on my birthday when I was asked to move back East of Mannheim Road.
I guess you really don’t know someone until you’re knocking on Oscar Madison’s front door.