Tuesday, June 20, 2023

June 20th, 2023

 These three day weekends can put some hurt on if you’re not careful. I wasn’t very careful.

Now the dreaded short work week and there is never anything easy about four day weeks. At least that’s what I’ve always experienced in my career.
Father’s Day weekend is in the rearview mirror. On we go to the Fourth of July weekend. The fourth is on a Tuesday this year and will stretch out all the banging.
Not much to say, I’m just anxious to get back into the flow.
I do miss the trading floor in the summer. Nothing better than getting out of work at two o’clock in the afternoon and being smack dab in the middle of Chicago.
Those days are also in the rearview mirror…..
Today is National Ice Cream Soda Day. If the endless appetizers, the beer, the cocktails, the red meat, the cigars didn’t kill me this weekend… why not top it off with a trip to the soda fountain this afternoon!
Don’t ask me where the nearest soda fountain is. I think those were gone before the CTA cars had air conditioning.
Maybe a trip to The Jewels, but make sure you buy soda water or seltzer water…. Whatever you want to call it.
Soda water, chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup. The perfect threesome before the days start getting short again.