Monday, June 26, 2023

June 26th, 2023

 We are banging through 2023 at a fast clip. On Saturday we will be halfway through the year. I think the biggest highlight of the year was having a bowl of Chili at Bishops on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

So far 2023 feels like it’s been one two three punt, one two three punt, one two three punt.
I did see that black squirrel on Friday, so that’s a good omen. Maybe that might pick things up in the second half of the year.
Fourth of July is next week and Christmas will be here before we know it. I’m going to make sure in six months I’m not going to be writing that 2023 went by so quickly and all I did this year is punt the fucking ball.
Handing the ball off gets things done, but it is a hard way to get ahead. Time to pass the ball down field and score some points before the ball in Time Square lights up.
The last week of June is upon us. Time to slap some GoldBond on the nooks and crannies, top off Betty’s transmission fluid and sprint into July.
I’m going to start the week off by using something I learned from Wags. Today is the Shepkids mom’s birthday. If she’s as smart as I thought she was when we met, she’s probably a daily Chalkhead.
Happy birthday Terri… I hope the next half of the year finds happiness and good health and this next trip around the sun is successful.
Alright, time to get things done… for the rest of you Chalkheads, let’s all meet in the forest preserve for a kegger, some SkrineChops and a game of sharks and minnows!