Friday, June 9, 2023

June 9th, 2023

        I’m looking at this chalkboard without an idea to write about. It’s Friday morning and the birds are singing close to my open bedroom window.

June weekends are a prized commodity. We have four and a half of them this year. June breezes are like December snow. They are both new for the season that they represent. By February snow is cold and crisp and past it’s prime. By August the summer breeze is stale and stiff.
June breezes bring the fragrance of freshly cut grass and blooming rose bushes.
June weekends smell like chlorine and charcoal and no… you are not weird if you like those smells.
I like the smell of tar because it reminds me of June as a kid. Construction season is always in full force in June and as a kid construction season is awesome. As an adult it is a traffic jam. I guess I look at construction from both sides now.
Okay…. Go be happy and healthy!
Go be involved with that early summer breeze. Feel it, smell it, listen to it.
Grab a slice of pie, put some pork on the grill and some love on the mattress….