Tuesday, June 27, 2023

June 27th, 2023

 Today is National PTSD Awareness Day. I actually found out that June is the month for National PTSD Awareness.

So many men and women veterans are riddled with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. As we grow further from the Covid years a growing number of people are experiencing stress, anxiety, depression and probably PTSD.
This PTSD thing just didn’t happen recently. Let’s make it easy for everyone to understand. John Rambo had PTSD. That is how we first met him wandering into that small town all dazed and confused. He just wanted to get something to eat, but the town sheriff pushed him too far.
There is a movie from 1946 called “The Best Years of our Lives.” It deals with three veterans returning home after WWII. One returns with an alcohol problem, a sailor returns with hooks where his hands once were and the third suffers from PTSD.
I watched the news last night. The war in Ukraine, pride parades across the country, immigrants flooding sanctuary cities and the continuing violence in black communities.
Do you know what the common denominator is with all of these stories? ……..PTSD
Now I’m not a sudden fucking genius on PTSD because I’m chalking about it this morning.
I would love to see the end of war in Europe. It is time to strengthen the protection and inclusion for the gay community. I long for an easier way to circulate new citizens into our great country and I would do anything possible to end the pain and suffering black people face daily.
The world is at war. It faces hatred and poverty. It’s in a mental health crisis and needs help.
I wasn’t planning on such a dark subject taking over today’s subject. I jotted down a line from a Hoagy Carmichael song. Read that it was PTSD day and did the weather report.
I guess I better mention that LSU beat Florida last night to win the College World Series. I’m getting tired of the hazy days of early summer courtesy of our Canadian neighbors.
Let’s end this negative Morning Chalkboard on a positive note.
I don’t have Putin’s phone number. I missed the Pride Parade. I don’t have any room to house an immigrant and I’m not going down to Englewood to sing “Let there be peace on earth.”
All I’m going to do is try and spread as much JumboLove in my corner of the world!
“With ev'ry step I take
Let this be my solemn vow
To take each moment and live
Each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with JumboLove!”