Thursday, September 5, 2024

September 5th, 2024

 I don’t have anything to chalk about this morning.

I’m looking forward already for that cup of coffee on Saturday morning. It might need a piece of coffee cake to accompany it. Maybe a cinnamon roll.
I often ate breakfast at a place called Brokers Inn when I first started down on the trading floor.
They had incredible pecan rolls that they would cut in half and lather with butter. They’d place the cut side onto a frying pan for several minutes. The syrup and pecans would caramelize and the dough would toast on the bottom and become gooey on the top.
For some reason, I woke up thinking about sitting at “Brokers” with the SunTimes, a cup of coffee and that pecan roll.
They tore down the building where Brokers Inn was located around 1994. They replaced it with a state of the art trading floor. A facility that became obsolete within a decade.
That trading floor is boarded up and the pecan roll at Brokers Inn is a distant memory.
I’m going to enjoy the shit out of that cup of coffee on Saturday.
Before then I need to kick the shit out of work for two days. Today might just be the last GoldBond action day.
I’m getting tired of rubbing the nooks and crannies with that blast of minty freshness.
Short weeks are always the hardest work weeks. Let’s get it on and roll into the weekend. Time to meet some new friends and hug some old ones.
I put a smirk of a smile on the sun today. You might want to look down at your shadow this afternoon.
It’s getting longer