Sunday, September 15, 2024

September 15th, 2024

 Lately when someone asks me how I’m doing, I’ve been replying,

“My children are happy and healthy, my job is going well and for a big kid in his fifties… I’m feeling pretty fucking good.”
Which more or less sums up the current situation.
Saturday night was our last sunset in Chicagoland after seven o’clock. The next post seven o’clock sunset will be on the eighteenth of March next year. That is one hundred and eighty three days away.
We got this!
Hopefully the warm weather will help eliminate the traffic cone and detour signs. Just as construction season ends, winter season will begin.
That’s the way it goes in the big city.
You Chalkheads are probably scratching your heads on the Bears opponent today. I don’t follow expansion teams. Any professional sports team established after 1976 doesn’t exist in my world.
For me, the Bears are playing the Houston Oilers. In fact the Bears played the Houston Oilers last week as well. A true historian of the NFL knows where I’m going with this.
It’s Sunday Funday and we are slipping into the back end of September. That actually sounds a little kinky.
“We are slipping into the backend of September.”
Next Saturday is already EWF Day.
Let’s enjoy the warmth and daylight of the coming week before we head to boogie wonderland.
Be astonished and never be scared to walk onto a dance floor.