Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 22nd, 2024

 The best part of my 21st of September was seeing a video made by someone that I didn’t expect.

A shy girl by nature that has become more of an introvert with age. She has experienced some tragedy in her recent years and yesterday she broke out of her shell and sang some EWF….
…and boy did she put some gusto into that song!
This is what I’m talking about Chalkheads. All we need to do is support each other and we can get through the mother fucker days. Our time together is shorter than we thought. Life is fragile and needs the love and tenderness that all of us can offer.
Today is the first day of autumn and I’m copacetic with not putting the smile on the sun today. The last grasp of Indian Summer was one for the record books. My ComEd bill is going to be a somabitch next month.
As you’ve gotten to know me through the years, you’ve seen how I play certain songs to mark days throughout the year. Yesterday was a fine example with EWF Day.
Today is Autumn: I Allegro Day.
At the beginning of each of the four seasons, I have made it a tradition to listen to Vivaldi. Today I will start with his Autumn piece from the “The Four Seasons.” Most of you will recognize it, even if classical music isn’t your thing.
I’m going from funky disco to a Baroque violin concerto in the same weekend.
Today the Chicago Bears are going down to Indianapolis to play the Baltimore Colts. Should be a barn burner of a game down at the Hoosier Dome.
Enjoy the overcast day and the beginning of Autumn. I’m actually looking forward to the smell of rain today.
Be astonished and Bear Down