Thursday, September 19, 2024

September 17th, 2024

 Uckfa ouya

That was the one and only phrase I learned in Pig Latin.
Don’t ask me why I woke up thinking about “Uckfa ouya” this morning.
I’m a man of few words right now, even though I woke up at two o’clock. I have enough time to chalk down a decent story, but haven’t got one.
I thumbed through my book of quotes and decided to chalk this one down. It is credited to a Spanish nun from the 16th century, St. Teresa of Ávila.
Sister is telling us that life isn’t always easy and without courage it would probably be a complete shitshow. Courage and a wooden ruler for Sister Teresa made her life easier.
Today is Monte Cristo sandwich Day. A Monte Cristo is basically a ham and cheese on French toast. It was always something old people ordered when I was a kid.
I’d go to MCL Cafeteria with my Gramma and great aunties and at least two of them would order a Monte Cristo. I hated going to lunch with all of those old ladies back in the 1970’s. I’d doing anything to be able to do it today.
Unfortunately they are all dead and if they were alive…. They’d all be in their one hundred and tens. That would be a shitshow.
Another warm September day for us today. I ran out of GoldBond over the weekend. If you see me walking down the avenue gingerly, it’s because I’ve chaffed myself.
I better go to Walgreens. The forecast is warm throughout the remainder of the month.
Be astonished and enjoy the Harvest Moon