Thursday, September 12, 2024

September 12th, 2024

 I often daydream about going back to 1978 and straightening my parent’s lives out for them. In turn, that would straighten out my life as well.

The imagination also allows me to remember every sporting event and stock market move between 1978 and 2024.
My parents are on their own. I’m to busy betting Stanley Cups and Kentucky Derby’s. I’m buying low and selling high. Trading every stock and commodity market with great precision.
I’m too busy to help my parents. I can’t correct their past.
Only in a daydream…
….because the past cannot be cured.

Today is National Chocolate Shake Day.
Since the theme of the day is the past, milkshakes have played a big role in happy memories.
The best shakes were served in big fluted glasses with a dollop of whipped cream on the top. A long spoon and straw accompanied with the metal mixer cup containing the overflow that couldn’t fit in the glass.
Margie’s Candies, La Maison de Bonbon, Harmonies Hamburgers, Farrell’s, Petersen’s, Ceres Cafe, Hole in the Wall and The Polar Bear.
Sometimes I’d have a malted instead of a shake to mix things up.
Pun intended…
Now I know where you’ll find me today around two o’clock. I’ll be sitting at Polar Bear having a chocolate shake.
The sun has its smile back on September 12th.
Be astonished