Thursday, September 19, 2024

September 19th, 2024

 Wait a minute…. What does that quote say?

Nobody wakes up in the morning planning on having a bad day.
I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. That kind of sucks.
I also forgot to change my sheets yesterday. In the summer or when it’s hot, I change them on Saturday and on Wednesday. I woke up this morning with an ingrown hair on the nape of my neck. That kind of sucks.
First thing I thought when I felt it pounding on the pillow….
…I forgot to change my fucking sheets yesterday.
So I’m laying in bed with a hemorrhoid on the back of my head thinking it’s Friday….
….not a good start to the morning.
I better sit rather than stand when I take my first morning leak and I better turn Betty’s hazard lights on for the ride out to work.
Ah fuck it
All I know is in two days, I will be in Boogie Wonderland. I am going to have a reason to sing a song. I’m going to appreciate the shining stars in the sky. Maybe it might be a fantasy and I will realize that all the love is gone, but you better bet that I am going to groove and I’m going to glide like a 747.
I am going to tell the DJ to play my favorite song and I’m going to chase the clouds away.
I might even quit pretending and let love change my mind.
It’s Thursday.
It’s going to be a beautiful day. We just had two great nights lit up by a gorgeous full moon and maybe, just maybe this weekend, Al Czervik will be spot on.
Be astonished and don’t suck