Thursday, September 26, 2024

September 26th, 2024

 I made the mistake of listening to the overnight news on the radio. I was trying to pick a quote for the Chalkboard at the same time.

The conflict in the Middle East, the mayor of New York getting indicted, the threat of a powerful hurricane in the Gulf, the pitiful White Sox, the presidential election…
…but the one news story that hit close to home.
Two assclowns shot each other in front of Jim’s Original Tuesday night at 10:30. I posted a picture of Fritz and I having lunch at Jim’s on Labor Day.
All of this made me think how chaotic the world seems right now.
As I’m thinking about the shitshow going on around the world, I thought about how wonderful “Life Goes On” day was yesterday.
I had a big piece of chocolate cake to celebrate PopPop’s first birthday in heaven. I left the toilet seat up to celebrate my twentieth wedding anniversary, but the best part of “LGO” day was celebrating National Daughter Day.
Hazel updated my iPhone for me. She showed me her new emoji that she made of her dad and she opened up a TikTok account for me.
She asked me about subjects that I liked for my new app. I replied God, cooking, rugby, hotdogs, White Sox, Blues and Jazz, Bears, Blackhawks and the trading floor. We typed in “Chicago Board of Trade” and a video popped up that I knew I was in.
“Let’s watch this one dad!”
“Was this what it was like in the olden days?”
“Do you know any of these people?”
…and as she asked me that last question, a younger version of her daddy popped up on the video.
She looked so proud and immediately made sure we saved that one.
I had a great day hanging out with my daughter on PopPop’s birthday and the day I married her mommy many years ago.
The world might be in a bad place, but for me, life goes on.
Today is National Pancake Day. I’ll take a stack of blueberry pancakes with a side of bacon.
Thursday is going to be a gorgeous day to be astonished.
Shelf the chaos and enjoy the things that make life mo betta