Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 25th, 2024

 Today was once a day of celebration, but it has become a “Life Goes On” day.

On this day twenty years ago my father-in-law gave his daughter away on his birthday. September 25th was a birthday and an anniversary. The anniversary hasn’t been celebrated in years and the birthday is now a heavenly commemoration.
Life goes on…
I now that sounds kind of cold and out of sorts, but life doesn’t wait around for grief and sadness.
Life is a shitshow…
…marriages fail and people die.
I still need to climb my big ass out of bed every morning and get things done.
Instead of wallowing in the mire, I’m going to celebrate Ed Bergmann’s first birthday in heaven with the three beautiful souls produced from a failed relationship.
Because life goes on and gives us a rebirth every single day.
I’ll reach out to my mother-in-law and make sure she is alright today. I won’t be reaching out to her daughter and wishing her a happy anniversary.
I hope the day comes when the two of us can get together and toast the making of the Shepkids. That day is not today.
If you want to do something astonishing today…
… reach out to Mary Jo, say hello and wish her husband a happy birthday. That should keep her spirits up today and make her happy. That’s what Chalkheads do, make each other happy!
Yesterday’s Morning Chalkboard did a countdown to Christmas, so today I wanted to cover my Jewish Brothers and Sisters. I also quoted one of my favorite writers today.
It’s going to be a beautiful day in Chicagoland. A day to celebrate life and love and not cry over death and lost love.
The day will come when life goes on without us,
So be astonished and put a smile on the sun