Tuesday, September 3, 2024

September 3rd, 2024

 A new month and a new season. A good reason to make some changes and freshen things up. Time for Moses to take off his sandals.

I’m having a shit show of a situation being a divorced dad to a daughter entering the pre pubescent world.
Every Wednesday afternoon, Betty the Green Blazer is the first car in the pick up lane at Highlands Middle School.
I’ve decided to be a little proactive and nip something in the butt beforehand.
At one point during this sixth grade year, my daughter is probably going to be embarrassed to get into her gross father’s old beater of a car.
She’s going to realize that the “I Love Hot Moms” bumper sticker doesn’t work for her.
Last night I ordered a new bumper sticker to put over the mom sticker. It will be big enough to cover the old one and isn’t as degrading. It simply says, “Be Nice.”
This wasn’t my idea. One of the girls in my inner circle of trust brought it to my attention that the sticker could be seen as negative towards women.
Maybe it’s better not to be the first car in the pick up line with a “I love hot moms” bumper sticker?
Maybe there is already a buzz going on with the parents at Highlands Middle School?
Maybe that sticker is the reason why many of my dates want to take two cars?
These are the little things that I need to do that will make the next six or seven years of Daddying easier.
Betty the Green Blazer will soon be tooling around telling Chicagoland to be kind. Hot Moms of Riverside, Oak Park, Westchester and Western Springs have to find somewhere else for flattery.
Tuesday is going to be a beautiful day to go back to work on.
Labor hard and Be Kind