Monday, November 7, 2022

November 6th, 2022

 I walked around and changed all the clocks this morning. Only one of them needed an instruction manual.

I haven’t picked a side on this time change issue. It only bothered me when I lived in Indianapolis and it was an hour behind back home in Chicago.
I like the best of both worlds. Early sunrise and late sunset, but that only happens between early June to mid August in Chicagoland. Maybe I need to move to Camelot?
If I had to choose between the two, I’d go early sunrise. I’ve become my father, up before the crack of dawn and asleep right after the “Barney Miller” credits finish.
Here lies another argument… Outdoor Christmas lights. Truth be told they should only glow the day after Thanksgiving until January 6th, the Feast of the Epiphany.
However the technology of these lights has taken off in the last 15 years. You can easily switch the color scheme with a remote control. So if you can leave strings of lights on the gutters… leave them up.
In fact why can’t the gutter guys make gutters with permanent lighting. Upon purchase you have the option of Leaf Guards or Holiday Lights. These lights can be controlled starting with Halloween and glow all the way to Easter.
Halloween colors, Thanksgiving colors, Christmas Colors, Mardi Gras Colors, Saint Patrick’s Day colors and ending with the pastels of Easter.
Problem solved…. By Easter the Sunset is around six o’clock in the evening.
Gutter lights will get us through the dark days of winter. I can see the 30 minute informercials now.
“Get Gutter Lights installed on your house TODAY and we will throw in a thirty two foot inflatable turkey for your family’s next Turkey Bowl!”
“Call 1 (800) 1 G-U-T-T-E-R”
No more climbing a ladder on that sunny day in mid November and waiting for a warm day in late January to take them down.
“Wait a minute! Why don't they just mix the mayonnaise with the tuna in the can... HOLD THE PHONE! Why don't they just FEED the tuna fish mayonnaise! Call Starkist!”
Put the mayonnaise right in the can, put the lights right on the gutters! We’ve solved a major problem on today’s Morning Chalkboard.
My job here is finished…
Bonus Points: What movie did I just quote and what show is today’s quote from?