Thursday, November 10, 2022

November 10th, 2022

 I was a kid when the Edmund Fitzgerald didn’t make it home. I became fascinated with the Great Lakes and the history of the sunken ships across Superior, Huron, Michigan, Ontario and Erie.

I have a bucket list of trips that I still need to take. France, New Zealand, Brazil….. the list goes on, but the one that I want to do soon is a camping trip around Lake Michigan.
Up Wisconsin, over the top and down Michigan.
“The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy.”

At one point today you’ll hear Gordon Lightfoot sing.
It’s going to be a gorgeous day in Chicagoland. Probably our last warm day of the year. Don’t get caught lolligagging though. Later tonight the temps will drop quickly and November will kick in.
Great news in the rugby world…. Chicago is getting an expansion team in the MLR. I’ve been a NOLA Gold fan since the league began several years ago. I still will be, but Chicago is home. Hope they pick a good name.
Tomorrow is the 11th day of the 11th month. Lest we forget!