Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November 15th, 2022

 I like to stand out on my balcony at 4:00am and listen to the quietness. Sometimes I hear the roar of Titus, the Lion at Brookfield Zoo. I often see racoons, coyote and deer trampling down Lincoln Avenue.

This morning it was a peaceful calm as snow gently fell. Lightly accumulating on the grass and sending a wet gleam off the street and sidewalk.
Standing under the cloudy sky gives me a moment to count the possibility that Tuesday November 15th will bring.
Today I quote the head coach of Richmond, Ted Lasso. Things might look impossible, but they can be conquered… I always think USA 4- CCCP 3 when I look at a hard issue or sing Don Quixote’s “Impossible Dream” when I need a boost.
Might sound stupid, but it worked for five decades on a trading floor and 15 years in a bipolar marriage.
Every fucking day be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause.
Heavenly Cause?
Treat people well and love yourself and you earn eternal life. Be an asshole and hate yourself and hope that you have someone that can get you in upstairs.
That’s my heavenly cause.
Binge television season is upon us. What show are you looking forward to watching?
I’m “Yellowstone,” “Marvelous Mrs. Mazel,” and “Peaky Blinders.” I just got into “Ted Lasso.”