Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November 12th, 2022

 Get out the dream book again…. I’m sitting in my dad’s 1979 Fleetwood Brougham and Hazel is in the backseat. Don gets in the drivers seat and starts the engine. I’m worried he’s going to notice the front end damage. I look back at Hazel and she shakes her head at me.

The oldman pulls out of his spot and starts driving down the alley behind his house. I’m fucked because now the grill is coming up onto the hood. He notices the damage and asked me what I did to his Cadillac.
“Dad… I only drove it to pick the kids up after school.”
Hazel starts yelling at Grampa Don to put out his cigarette. He got apologetic and put it out and never went back to yelling at me about the front of the car. My dad never put out his cigarette whenever I asked him. He puts it out in a flash for his granddaughter?
At that moment I woke up to, “daddy, rub my back….please!”
Hazel saved me before my dad built me a new asshole. I’m not sure what the dream symbolizes, but it was comforting to be in The Dadillac with my dad and my daughter.
Today is rugby day. Good luck to my boys out in Lemont, The Chicago Blaze. They helped me survive my divorce with their support. They have a special place in my heart.
Play well today Gentlemen!
It’s cloudy and cold in Chicagoland… I’m going to hear bitching and moaning later today.
“Dad! It’s too cold to walk to the library!”
Maybe I’ll get the keys to my dads car and drive us over there instead?