Monday, November 28, 2022

November 28th, 2022

 I think of many of you often. Maybe I knew you for a few years on the trading floor or we were neighbors.

I knew you for a few months in the late ’90’s or early ‘70’s. We hung out for a bunch of years in the early 1990’s or we went to school together for a couple years in the late ‘70’s and early 1980’s.
Some of you I’ve known close to fifty years. I met my Indy crew over forty years ago. I have friendships that are thirty years young and Riverside friends that I’ve known for five years now.
All of you have guided me along and shaped who John is….. Who Jumbo is…. Who Shep is!
My dad pounded into me the importance of friendship. How to tell the difference between an acquaintance and a friend… and how to nurture your dear friends.
I try to relay this same theory to my children.
I don’t have a big family. They narrowed down after the Great Generation. I’m an only child…. so my dad was right, again.
Friendships may come into your life for a few months, a few years, a decade or a lifetime. The good ones will always leave a mark.
That’s why we get dinged up so much as we age…. It’s because of friendship.
So from Chicago, to Oak Park, to Indianapolis and Riverside. From the Board of Trade to Saint Cletus to Blaze Rugby.
Thank You!
Cyborg Monday!!!!! Makes me miss Glendale Mall and North Riverside Mall in their glory.